- Subtle implication that there's more than one type of play style; trailers only showed the "tip of the iceberg."
- Customization is a big part of the game. Capcom rep. strongly hinted at a stage editor of sorts.
- Ryu, as well as the three Mega Man variants, are confirmed as playable characters. Hints of a large roster of playable characters.
- Not only do the three Mega Men differ in appearance (Mega Man, Bad Box Art Mega Man and Rockman), they each have their own play styles and abilities. Bad Box Art Mega Man, for instance, can fire two shots at a time.
- The "angry" Mega Man was designed by Takenori Kimoto. Why is he so angry? That's just Kimoto's style, apparently.
- Although the trailers made it seem like MMU is largely influenced by Mega Man 2, there's a "very good possibility" we'll be seeing content from other Mega Man games.
- Mega Man Universe not making it to Wii has to do with the file size limitations of Nintendo's WiiWare service. Capcom noted they would like to be able to support a Wii version, but couldn't at this time.
- Target release date of Spring 2011.
- "Everything we've shown will make more sense" come Tokyo Game Show, according to the rep.
Interesting, to say the least. Stage customization seems to be a given based off of what we've seen so far, and if it's anything like that of Mega Man Powered Up, it's sure to be quite neat. The tidbit about Mega Men having different play styles leads me to believe we might even be seeing someone like Mega Man X down the line, whose abilities will surely mix up the gameplay quite a bit (wall climbing, dashing, etc.). Can't say I'm surprised about the lack of Wii support but I'm curious if Capcom will consider the possibility of a disc release where file size shouldn't be too bad of a problem. Of course, that's only if they're really adamant on getting the game on the system.
As stated above, we can expect a lot more details about the game to come from TGS, which is just around the corner -- two weeks from now. Coverage coming soon!
Full Mega Man Universe PAX info available at The Mega Man Network.