A portion of Steven's commentary:
What were my resources?Hankering for a download? You can find two variations of the splash at right here.
• The art of Wolverine and Ryu are the promotional images drawn by Udon Entertainment for the re-release.
• All of the portraits along the bottom are from the original Arcade/Dreamcast/Playstation 2/Xbox releases of the game, found on Creative Uncut's art archive. Some characters were missing, and I found the rest through Google Image search.
• All of the logos were found on Google Image search.
What did I do?
• Aside from Storm and Magneto, all of the portraits below were very crisp and clean. I had to sharpen Storm and Magneto up myself, and it's noticeable if you're looking for it.
• I added all of the lightning effects, inserted the lightning radiating from Ryu's palms and the clash separating Wolverine and Ryu down the middle, and did some basic hue/transparency altering to give everything the same tone and shade.
Thanks for pointing this out Steven, awesome job.
Very nice. Glad to see some dedication around here!!!ReplyDelete
Anyone know the font used?ReplyDelete
creativeuncut link needs a .com on the end. :)ReplyDelete
Is it just me or does Ryu not have a portrait at the bottom like Wolverine does?ReplyDelete
I got un-lazy and looked back into it.ReplyDelete
The font used for MARVEL, CAPCOM, and the giant 2 in the center is "Base01".
The font used for NEW AGE OF HEROES is "Dirty Ego."
You can download both at www.dafont.com
Nathan: I actually addressed this in my Capcom-Unity post. There are two separate Wolverines in the 56 character line-up: Adamanatium-claws and bone-claws. Each occupies a separate slot in the roster and even has unique artwork.ReplyDelete
And to correct my previous post, the font is actually called Base02, not Base01. If Base01 exists, I do not know what it is like.
Ah, I see. I honestly never played MvC2(though I've always wanted to I just could never find it) so I didn't know about that. Still a great piece of art.ReplyDelete