Because both video interviews are roughly thirty minutes in length, I figured I'd just pull out the most noteworthy tidbits in case you don't feel like sitting through the whole thing. Click here to watch, or read up on the details below:
- Capcom is well aware of the demand for the original voice cast to return, namely Rob Smith (Teisel Bonne). They want to involve these voice actors in some way but will be revealing more details about this soon.
- The game's story is still in development; nothing is set in stone. However, Kitabayashi did confirm the game will continue after the events of Legends 2; he promises we won't be left hanging. On a related note, Capcom is considering having fans that are writers come up with "episodes" for the game. (Episodes? First time we've heard about that...)
- Kitabayashi couldn't talk about how big of a role the new heroine will have but alluded that she's just as important as Roll and Tron.
- Why Legends 3 on the Nintendo 3DS and not a home console? Simply put, Capcom thought the title would work well with the system's various elements. That and apparently the 3DS is fairly easy to develop for, according to Kitabayashi.
- The game will utilize the 3DS touch screen; wouldn't divulge how it would be used. Bear in mind, the touch screen does not support 3D.
- L3 will retain a lot of familiar gameplay elements from its prequels, but because games have progressed so much in the last ten years, expect to see some advancements.
- Monster Hunter staff members will be lending a hand in L3's development; as such, don't be surprised to see some MH flare thrown into the gameplay.
- The character designs have improved since ten years ago, but they're still the same characters you all know and love. Capcom will actually be releasing images of the cast very soon.
- Yes, Tron and the Servbots are back. Kitabayashi (jokingly) said there might be more Servbots this time around...
- Kitabayashi will look into getting Mega Man Legends 1 and Legends 2 on the North American PlayStation Store. It's unlikely Mega Man 64 will make it to the Virtual Console, however.
Pretty interesting stuff, if you ask me. Hopefully, more L3 details to come... the sooner the better!