"Fans everywhere can become a part of that history with an all-new art book from UDON Entertainment – get ready for MEGA MAN™ TRIBUTE!
"UDON is sending out a call to comic artists, video game artists, freelance illustrators, and fan artists all around the world to show us your artistic tribute to Mega Man! Give us your best artwork featuring the cast of Mega Man®, Mega Man® X, Mega Man® Zero, Mega Man® ZX, and Mega Man® Legends. All styles are welcome – anime, western comic style, cartoon, pixel-based, sculptures – whatever you can come up with as your tribute to the blue bomber! The best pieces submitted will be included in Mega Man Tribute, which will premiere as a special 300-page limited-edition hardcover book at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con."
Now before you go all hog wild, there are some rules and regulations you've got to follow:
- Artists may use any characters from the Mega Man games including Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX, and Mega Man Legends.
- Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, artists may NOT use characters from the Mega Man Battle Network, or Mega Man Star Force series.
- Art should feature characters from Mega Man games only. No cross-over characters from other Capcom games or other comics / manga characters. Guest characters like Ryu and Arthur from Mega Man Universe are also off-limits.
- Characters or designs unique to Mega Man-related comics, manga, or animated series may not be included. Submissions must be of game characters only. For example, the green Mega Man from the Captain N animated series is not allowed.
- Artwork may not include fan-characters. You may not, for example, create your own Zebra-themed Robot Master named ‘Zebra Man’.
- All content must be kid-friendly. No nudity and no extreme violence. Also no smoking, drugs, or alcohol use. If it is too adult for the Mega Man games, it is too adult for this book.
- Multiple entries are welcome, as are collaborative efforts — but all artwork must be original, and created by the credited artist(s).
- Artwork should be created at 8-1/2″ x 11″, 400 dpi or higher, (CMYK or RGB), portrait shape. Initial submission of artwork should be sent as a low resolution JPEG file that is no larger than 400 kb
Full contest rules can be found on the official Udon blog here. Once you've designed a piece, you can submit it to Udon in the preceding link by clicking on the large 'Submit Your Artwork' banner. Fill out the forms, and you're good to go!
All submissions are due no later than January 31st, 2011 at 1:00PM EST.
Source: Udon Entertainment