Download the game here! The pack consists of both a RAW version of the ISO and special ESR patched version for use on modded PS2s.
Though I've yet to play it myself, reader Aubrey (who also takes credit for making the game playable) pointed out the following differences:
- The demo takes place in Central Tower, taking you through slightly alternate Spider and Wild Jango scenarios (click for gameplay).
- Lots of unused dialogue between characters, specifically Cinnamon (who isn't even supposed to appear this early in the game) and various NPCs.
- All spoken dialogue is in Japanese with English subtitles.
- Zero and Axl are in your party; you can take both to fight Spider AND Jango. Not possible in the final.
- Axl's boss forms he takes on have different, likely then-tentative names (Silver Horn was Silver Hound, Incentas was Ancientas, etc.)
- No radar in bottom right corner.
- Hyper Mode is inaccessible.
- The cel-shading on Zero's hair is much thicker and more vibrant than the final (only noticeable during the Wild Jango fight).
- Various graphical glitches are present throughout.
- Once demo is completed, you're greeted with the message, "Mega Cool Timez! Coming Your Way 2004!"
Despite being an early build of Command Mission, it is, unfortunately, not the much sought after "normal armored X" build from late 2003. Still, this version is pretty neat in its own right.
As for any behind-the-scenes stuff such as unused textures, music and the like, nothing's turn up yet. No one's taken the initiative to scrummage through the game's files so if you've got the capabilities to do so, please let us know if you unearth anything significant!