Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is out to play at Capcom's PAX booth this weekend. For everyone who can't make it out to the show, Rockman Labs has taken the liberty of shooting close to five minutes of footage from the demo. There's a lot of little things to see here so I've broken down the noteworthy bits after the break...
- At 0:13, we can see the "Type 6" screen layout in action. It's a transparent overlay of the DS' bottom screen.
- At 0:31, it appears "Type 1" screen layout can be flanked by optional artwork instead of black space.
- Mark 1:17 brings us the Zero series game selection menu. Casual Scenario Mode and Save Assist can be enabled here. There's a yellow tab at the top that says "English Edition". This means you can choose to play the English or Japanese versions of the games. Rockman Labs notes that, although this changes the text to a different language, it does not change the SPOKEN language. In other words you can't play ZXA in English with Japanese voices.
Here's how Save Assist works:
- At 2:32 Rockman Labs says that the controls are VERY responsive with no lag.
- At 4:00 Rockman Labs says you can choose between "original voices" or "remastered voices". He did not say whether this was a new dub. I spoke with alraz of Rockman Labs (who filmed the footage) and he said "I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it's just better quality I can check tomorrow".
And that's about it for now! Stay tuned for more news soon!