Courtesy of S.S.R , here's a summary of all the happenings at the recent summer World Hobby Fair:
- Wave Masters '09 drew quite the crowd. Various age groups participated with their own unique play styles and tactics. One participant was disqualified due to cheating.
- A kiosk was set up were participants could download "Crimson Meteor", an exclusive Giga Card. The lines were surprisingly long, stretching all the way back into Capcom's Monster Hunter booth.
- The winners of the Junior, Senior, and "Kaizou" classes received SSR3 themed wall scrolls, free Noise Gear Cards and exclusive "Crown Data."
- Following the crowning of the winners, series producer Takeshi Horinouchi took the stage to introduce Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star. The crowd went wild when the image of Rockman.EXE and SSRockman shaking hands appeared on screen. (pictured)
- The game's conception was a response to those who wanted more out of the EXE series.
It is being touted as a "Data Action RPG."
- S.S.R is also under the assumption that it is a "remake." His reasoning is somewhat confusing, more so when read through a computer translation.
- Horinouchi plans to celebrate the coming of Rockman's 25th anniversary with a bunch of "new projects." No specifics yet, it's all just a bunch of ideas. Operate Shooting Star is just the beginning of what's to come.
- Capcom will open a OSS teaser website in the near future.