Hidden Palace's Project Deluge continues with the release of 372 unreleased, prototype and pre-release PlayStation, Sega Saturn and CD-i games! Among the new batch are six never-before-released Mega Man builds. They are...
- Rockman X4 (Sega Saturn, April 29, 1997) -- Build date puts this one roughly three months before the Japanese retail version was compiled. Includes some minor unused graphics and sound. Content-wise, it's very similar to the already-dumped Sample Version.
- Rockman X5 (PlayStation, July 28, 2000) -- this one is VERY special. Built three months before retail, it includes SEVERAL placeholder cutscenes including some drawn in MS-Paint! Other oddities include unfinished graphics, animations and alternate designs like Sigma's final form. Debug features are completely intact, too!
- Mega Man X6 (October 30, 2001) -- Nothing too significant here. It's either an intermediate localization or review build. Nearly identical to the final, U.S version. No differences spotted so far.
- Rockman: Battle & Chase (January 8, 1997) We've NEVER seen a Battle & Chase prototype before -- it's the first! This one includes an alternate title screen and several alternate or unused assets. This one hasn't been fully explored yet, FYI.
- Mega Man Legends (May 13, 1998) -- Built just a few short months before the final U.S build was mastered, it features no significant differences. Data is still being combed through, but anything different won't be hugely unique. The title screen is slightly different.
- Mega Man Legends 2 (September 7, 2000) -- Much like MML1, this build is pretty much final. It was compiled a mere five days before the game hit U.S retail. It's a review copy; no differences.
That's that for now. Out of all six, the X4, X5 and B&C are the most significant that warrant further research. You can download these builds from the links above!
For more from Project Deluge, hit up Hidden Palace Zone!