Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Voice Work Possibly Cut From Star Force 3

E3 attendee, Kim101, had the opportunity to speak with a Capcom representative regarding Star Force 3's upcoming North American release. Apparently, the small snippets of Japanese voice work from the title have yet to be removed, but there is a strong possibility it won't make it into the finalized english version. Gee, I'm so surprised.

Speaking of E3, Capcom's second "mystery game"was revealed yesterday. No biggie to us I'm afraid. Find out what it is here.

21 comments:

  1. Darn it, just tell us, freaking IGN is blocked here.....what was it, monster hunter 54?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge disappointment. I couldn't care less for Resident Evil, plus it's really violent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope they keep the Voice intact so far thats about the only thing keeping me from actually buying the game. I don't want to do a hack to add the voices back in. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, I wonder if it will be any count. I've kind of lost interest in resident evil....

    ReplyDelete
  5. God capcom what is wrong with you, the game would be that much better with the voice, lacalised that is.
    arg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And there we have it! RE is the series that is appearing for the first time on a certain console, in this case the PSP...Disappointing in that there is no new Rockman news of major interest, but I suppose somewhat intriguing for Resident Evil buffs. Still, I haven't been into that series for quite some time now (heck, I have RE4 here and, sadly, haven't even played it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Capcom making a new Resident Evil is as much of a surprise as Nintendo making a new Mario Party. Not a huge surprise at all. That was all much ado about nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why cut voices? What sane game company removes a portion of a game? It would be like a big movie company releasing the next theater release in black and white.

    And the changing of certain names remains unanswered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Friendly, Neighborhood MetJune 3, 2009 at 6:18 PM

    @Dolemite
    Hudson Soft have not made a new Mario Party in almost 2 years.
    But I do get your point though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, no surprise if they don't have English voices let alone leave in the Japanese. I got 10 dollars on it having silence, lol. And about the Resident Evil announcement, I was truly disappointed when I found this out. When Capcom said "fans have been waiting for this for a long time" I thought it would actually mean what they said, gezzz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welllll... don't shoot me but I haven't played Resident Evil, and I'm thinking about getting it on PSP because I can't be arsed to sit down on a console and play it... *shrug*

    Anyway if they cut the voices in SF3, there's probably no reason for me to pick up the reserve I made at Gamestop and paid in full for...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, and once again, the Mega Man fans of America have been snubbed... Oh well, it's only "small tidbits" and we've already done without voices for the first two games, so whatever. *Shrugs* Anyway, I can't believe Resident Evil for PSP was the big "mystery game" either. It's really not that big of a "mystery." Man, another E3 gone by without any hope of Mega Man Legends 3 or any other series for that matter.

    And Nintendo wasn't that great either, better than last year, but still not awesome. No new Mega Man or Zelda for Wii, yet again. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really don't care for Resident Evil, never played it and probly never will. So much for a big surprise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, I do like Resident Evil, but Capcom wants so much money to earn it, I can't believe they are going to milk the survival horror series to death, it is really overrated and too mainstream for survival horror big name. I rather let Capcom do something else for the fan sakes, not just for RE fans, survival horror fans, and mainstream. Well, TGS would be the greatest idea for Capcom to show the development of the next game. And for SF3, I'm fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Davis
    That's a stupid reason to not pick it up. Doesn't matter to me if voices are in or not.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm guessing that cutting the voices would allow them to put the game on a smaller, thus cheaper cartridge.

    Just guessing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dolemite

    Like a lot of people here, I would have much preferred a new Mega Man game than a Resident Evil game, mostly because I don't care about the RE series. But your reasoning is faulty. There have been FAR more MM games than RE games, and I'm sure time and time again people have said stuff along the lines of:

    "Capcom making a new Mega Man game is as much of a surprise as Nintendo making a new Mario Party."

    By comparison, the number of Resident Evil games is tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Jastiaan

    Size isn't a problems seeing as the is most likely to come as 32MB while a DS cart can hold the max of 256MB, The price wouldn't change becuase of the size of the game mostly the just cut out the voice because its in japanese. This would be the only game I wish they didn't cut the voices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lets hope the Wii demo may reveal some solid proof.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly. Disparaging, belittling and derogatory comments are not permitted.