We've got a nice batch of Might No. 9 news today. First off, a new boss has been revealed: Mighty No. 1. The theme going on here is fire and lots of it. He may look big upon first glance, but No. 1 is actually very thin. The flames are extremely dangerous to Beck, so hit him when they go out.
Next up, we have a set of expanded stretch goals for the Kickstarter campaign. A lot of content has been added to the list and this is by no means the end all be all. In other words, just because portables have not been added doesn't mean they won't show up in the future. So without further adieu, the new goals:
- $2 Million: Boss Rush Mode -- a separate mode where you can challenge all the bosses in the game, back-to-back, and clock your best times.
- $2.4 Million: Challenge Mode -- Similar to the challenge mode in New Super Mario Bros. U, this mode will remix parts of existing levels and enemies to create dozens of mini-missions.
- $2.55 Million: Extra End Stage and Boss -- Adds an additional stage with an original boss to the final area Beck takes after defeating all eight Mighty No. bosses.
- $2.75 Million: Beck and Call Online Co-Op Challenge Mode -- This one is pretty awesome. It's an online mode where you and a friend tackle over a dozen missions. One player is Beck, the other is Call! These missions feature remixed stages with a heavy focus on cooperative play. Players will need to properly utilize Beck and Call's unique powers to conquer these special stages.
- $2.9 Million: TBA
- $3.1 Million: ???
- $3.3 Million: PS4 and Xbox One Versions -- Self explanatory. If the team reaches this much funding, the game will hit both consoles (backers can even add the PS4 and Xbox One as a choice for their digital version of the game to choose from).
And that's all there is today. For some of the finer details, head over to today's Kickstarter update. As always, let the team know what you think. They are listening!
Source: Mighty No. 9