Out of a thousand entries, Capcom chose a grand total of seven entries gimmicks from both the English and Japanese Devrooms:
- Jumping on certain shop awnings' will propel Mega Man to new heights.
- Resting at the front of a certain shop is a springy, frog-like object. Kicking it several times will result in the object's demise, leading to a decrease in Mega Man's reputation.
- Somewhere in Temeo Town, there's an inflatable Reaverbot toy that can be kicked, grabbed, or thrown. The toy makes funny noises and can sometimes even startle NPCs.
- If Mega Man attempts to kick Data, the little fellow will quickly avert his attack by dodging left and right. However, if timed properly, you can actually give him a good punt. Data will counter with a body-slam.
- Kicking Data too much will darken Mega Man's armor, and Data will refuse to replenish your health for five minutes.
- If Mega Man gets hit by a car, the driver may actually stop and check to see if he's alright. Depending on your response, you may be reimbursed with Zenny or health-related items. Conversely, Mega Man may be asked to pay a repair fee for the potentially damaged vehicle.
- A Servbot will task Mega Man with locating lost "Bonne Fan Mail." These letters are hidden throughout town, and require a variety of tricks to locate. Returning the letters unopened to their rightful owner yields a 100 Zenny, or you can read the enclosed message(s) just for kicks and get no reward.
Congratulations to all the winners! If you didn't win, don't fret; there's always another Devroom contest around the corner!