Hot on the heels of yesterday's big PlayStation Store leak, Capcom today officially announced Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection and confirmed it will hit all modern platforms: PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC. More info after the break!
According to Capcom, the game will be released in North America for $29.99 on digital and physical format and in Europe for €29.99 / £24.99 only on digital format.
These are the main features of the collection (Extract from Capcom's Press Release):
• Zero and ZX series on modern consoles –
o Join the Resistance as the titular fan-favorite protagonist in the four Zero games.
o Defend the innocent from Mavericks and discover your destiny as either the male or female protagonists of ZX and ZX Advent.
• All-new competitive rush mode – Z Chaser Mode allows players to race to complete challenges from both the Zero and ZX games. More details on this mode will be revealed at a later date.
• Newcomer friendly Casual Scenario Mode and Save-Assist System – New players can jump right into the futuristic universe of the Mega Man Zero and ZX series with a new Casual Scenario Mode. Bounce back from mistakes using the new optional Save-Assist system to revive at the most recent map checkpoint without losing a life.
• Improved visuals and layout options – Experience the games as they were first released with a monitor filter option that features the original sprite art, or toggle the smooth filter on for a clean look to the charming, classic sprites. Freely choose from a variety of layout options for the ZX series’ dual-screen displays and controls at any time.
• In-game gallery and music player – Take a look back at the history of the Zero and ZX series with each collection’s massive repository of original production art, including a music player filled with tunes from the original games. Those who pre-order the collection will also have access to the ten special arrangements included in the Mega Man Zero/ZX Reploid Remixes.
Note: The in-gallery will feature over 600 pieces of original production art from each series, while listening to the music player’s complete selection of both original compositions and new arrangements.
Remixed tracks confirmed so far are:
Mega Man Zero 2 - Departure
Mega Man Zero 3 - Trail on Powdery Snow
Mega Man Zero 4 - Esperanto
Mega Man ZX Advent - Trap Phantasm
As of right now, the game is available for preorder via STEAM and this are the system requirements:
Furthermore, for those attending PAX West, the six games in the collection will be playable on the show floor.
We will update the article when preorders for the other platforms are available and also, come back tomorrow to get all the information about the Japanese release.