Originally announced back on May 5th as part of Rockman X DiVE's first big content update, the "Jakob Orbital Elevator" from Rockman X8 is finally available ! You can find all the details after the break!
After the crossover event between the Classic Series and Rockman X DiVE that brought us Mega Man, Proto Man, Roll and Super Mega Man, the development team are taking a small break from adding new playable characters this week. Instead, they added a new S rank weapon called Assault Equipment based on Rockman X Command Mission's final Boss design: Great Redips.
The banner will be available from today until June 11 at 15:59(UTC+8) and introduces, for the first time, a new "feature" that guarantees an S rank weapon in your 1st, 3rd and 5th time of performing an "x10" pull.
Available Time: 2020/06/04 16:00 ~ 2020/08/03 22:00 (UTC+8)
Reachable Levels: Level 1 ~ Level 20
A new game mode has been added to the boss challenge tab: The "Jakob Orbital Elevator". This mode is a mix of levels with regular enemies, boss battles with minions and a few fights against two bosses at the same time, which is very reminiscent of the X-Challenge from Mega Man X Legacy Collection.
|The Fatigue Meter|
This new game mode is pretty straight forward and provides very little challenge for those playing the game since day 1. It has two difficulties: normal and hard but, sadly only the last level on hard is a respectable challenge and mainly because of the amount of health bars the boss has.
Despite this, the Orbital Elevator mode is a great place to gather resources like weapon, character and chip memories, proficiency memory cards and other resources but, more importantly, Elemental Metal (EM). You can get 1400 EM by playing this mode in combination with the event "Jakob Orbital Elevator – Challenge your Limits" that rewards you for completing levels in the elevator.
You can read the rules of the "Jakob Orbital Elevator" below:
1. “Jakob Orbital Elevator” is a track elevator of a series of stages. While the difficulty increases with the level number, players also get better loots.
2. In this mode, each character has four states of Fatigue: Good, Normal, Exhausted, Weakened (in the order of increasing degree).
3. A penalty is applied on character abilities when Fatigue sets in, and the degree of reduction increases with its progress. Deployment is unavailable at Weakened state.
4. At successful level clear, characters gain fatigue. When rendered incapable of battle or challenge over-time, characters are directly applied with Weakened state.
5. All characters have Fatigue reset on the next day.
6. While boss mobs of this mode have more HP, the damage dealt in each attempt can be accumulated, allowing a hunt via numerous attempts.
7. Special effect for each level can enhance certain character or weapon, making it easier to complete a level.
1. Players who reached Lv40 are qualified to challenge the “Jakob Orbital Elevator”
2. Levels that have been completed will not be able to challenge again.
Event Time: 2020/06/04 16:00 ~ 2020/06/10 22:00 (UTC+8)
This is another event added to the mission tab that will give you the chance to get Extraordinary Mortar memories, reorganization programs and other items but, more importantly a daily chance to get 20 EM and four memories for the A rank weapon Snow Spray Gun.
Lastly there is also another event to gather more resources:
Event Time: 2020/06/04 16:00 ~ 2020/06/11 15:59 (UTC+8)
Let's us know in the comments if you enjoyed this new game mode and the new remix of the "Jakob" theme from the Rockman X8 soundtrack!