She was teased earlier this year and shown prominently on the the game's main menu since Rockman X DiVE launched. The anticipation has been building up for months... and finally, this week, one of the most popular female characters in the Rockman series arrives to Rockman X DiVE in time to celebrate the 2nd DiVE Festival. Iris is finally is here!
Earlier today the X DiVE development team released the following teaser video. English subtitles have been provided by our good friend Sidier.
A few hours later, they went ahead and fully announced that Iris is coming tomorrow to Rockman X DiVE plus numerous additions to the game on top of what was announced yesterday.
Iris will be a limited character that will only be available for the duration of the DiVE Festival banner starting tomorrow at 16:00 (UTC +8) until June 18th at 13:59 (UTC +8). The development team has reported that Iris won't have a voice when she becomes available tomorrow due to the effect of COVID-19 in the development of the game. Her voice will be added at some point in the future.
The Hunter Badges are back, too. Be sure not to play “BOSS Challenge” and “Co-op” until the event is out to maximize your chances to get Hunter Badges.
【Hunter Badge】Collecting Event*Event Time: 2020/06/11 16:00 ~ 2020/06/17 22:00 (UTC+8)
【Hunter Token Lucky Roulette】Lucky Roulette
*Event Time: 2020/06/11 16:00 ~ 2020/06/17 23:59 (UTC+8)
As reported yesterday, some characters skills have been tweaked. Here is the full list of changes:
- Ferham - Blood Snake: Animations after attacking are able to cancel.
- Axl - Strafing Barrage: Animations after attacking are able to cancel.
- Marino - Shuriken: Throwing animation speed up, and animations after attacking are able to cancel.
- Marino - Blink: Bending preparing motion speed up.
- Cinnamon - Syringe: Throwing animation speed up.
- White Day Cinnamon - Courtesy Chocolate/Love Infusion: Throwing animation speed up.
- Roll - Roll Swing(swing mop state)：Animations after attacking are able to cancel.
- Second Armor X - Shockwave (Passive Skill): The probability to render the target immobile when hitting the target with the first full charged shot becomes higher.
- Second Armor X - Show Time(Passive Skill): When using Giga Crush, the character wouldn’t receive damage.
- Ultimate Armor X - Plasma Charge Shot: At maximum charging, damage raise 20%, plasma field damage raise 50%
Additionally, even more details about tomorrow's major update were revealed:
- In order to play the "Boss Rush Mode" players need to be at level 22.
- New DiVE Special items will appear in the store during the duration of the DiVE Festival.
- Capsule Exchange Points: Or more commonly known as pity system in this type of games. Iris will be available via this system as well.
Iris' reveal shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. We knew she was coming and they didn't try to hide it. The element of surprise, even if they tried, had no effect whatsoever. But what about the character herself? Are you excited to play as her? Let us know in the comments!
So part of me is sad that I can't try this out in the USA, but at the same time I don't really want to invest a lot of time in a gacha game. I love the graphical direction here though. I wish that Capcom would just release X9 already.ReplyDelete
That, and seeing these 3D assets, I REALLY wish they would re-think Irregular Hunter X2-X8... There is great potential here to clean up the canon.Delete
It will never happen, though :(
I'd be down for more Irregular Hunter X games. Seeing the ZX areas with 3D assets makes me really want ZX3 in that style as well.Delete
X9 will likely have better detail, explosions, and for the big screen vs a puny phone display. A gamepad is best and on steam for me these days. I have to admit the art style is sure making these female characters more foxy than ever though. Puts their old art style to shame.Delete
Finally! Iris is playable. Thank you so much Capcom :)ReplyDelete
SOOOO HAPPPYYYYY!!!!! :DReplyDelete
Uh… is it okay that I'm not impressed? I like Iris quite a lot, bu I don't know what I was expecting when they made her playable. Aside from the "Final Weapon Incident," Iris is a clean slate, pretty much… I just don't think I was expecting her to be yet another Buster-type character. But then… they gave Alia a Buster in X8, so…ReplyDelete
I'm hoping she'll utilize more of her "corrupted core" abilities, kind of like a Gradius Option or something. It's nice that the "floating mines" are there, but where are her lasers…? I wouldn't mind seeing her Ride Armor make an appearance, either.
(I specifically didn't mention/suggest she use a Saber weapon because I don't think that'd fit her character. Not that her taking to the battlefield does, either, but still.)
Any character can use any weapon in the game. She could use a bazooka shaped like Napalm Man if you really wanted.Delete
Seeing as I'm not playing... I thought any character could equip any weapon?Delete
So you could setup Iris with a Gatling gun if you wanted too.
Any character can use any weapon? I actually didn't know that. I guess that explains why she was using the Air Buster…Delete
Deeply excited to play as her, Iris being playable has been over 20 years in the making now. I just hope I'll be able to unlock her because the gacha system has been incredibly unfair to me, I didn't even get a single S character during the Rockman Day roll.ReplyDelete
really cool seeing iris be playable.(would love if alongside possibly getting a figurine of her someday if maybe we could go into her relationship with zero more,like an unlockable cutscene extra in x9 along with other characters.i hope we see rockman x dive be a stepping ground to a new x game or a revival of the maverick hunter x games.)ReplyDelete