The Star Force mod scene made a big splash today with the release of the hotly-anticipated "Mega Man Star Force DX". This is a patch for Mega Man Star Force 1 (Pegasus) that both enhances and "modernizes" the game to make it more in-line with its successors. It features several QoL improvements that are sure to please longtime series fans, among other tweaks.
Some points of interest:
- All three Star Force transformations can be obtained in a single game, and have received unique new abilities to set them apart from each other.
- Star Cards have been added - these replicate the effects of the Japan-exclusive Wave Scanner peripheral.
- All touch screen inputs and minigames can now be done with just the buttons.
- A new difficulty setting, Legend Mode, has been added.
- There are now two save slots, and saving speed has been increased.
For the full list of changes, screenshots and, of course, the download link itself, head over to our friends at The Rockman EXE Zone! Do note that you need a North American copy of Mega Man Star Force Pegasus to use this mod.
If Star Force 1 wasn't your cup of tea, maybe this will do the trick!