UPDATE: And that's a wrap. The panel was, for the most part, the same as last Thursday's. No new announcements.
In just a few short hours the Mega Man 30th anniversary panel will take place at the Tokyo Game Show. The panel runs from 14:20 to 15:05 JST followed by a ten minute "Rockman Studio Talk" session from 15:05 to 15:15 JST. To find out what time that is in your neck of the woods, simply plug 14:20 JST in Google + your timezone.
According to Capcom, the panel will look back at past Mega Man titles and deliver the latest news on the 30th anniversary. Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya will be on-stage with guests America Zarigani, Chocolat Ikeda, and Ayana.
The 9/22 press only panel, which only ran for 20 minutes, delivered a new Roll design for 2018 and some merchandise. Tonight's panel may be more of the same – then again, maybe not. We'll see. Anything newsworthy will be made into its own post above this one. Stay tuned and remember: no expectations, no disappointments.
"Tonight's panel may be more of the same – then again, maybe not."ReplyDelete
It better freakin' not be.
Oh, it wasn't. It was much worse.Delete
And I thought I was a disappointment to my family...ReplyDelete
Lol. I feel the same.Delete
LMAO, this comment almost made up for this shitty conference.Delete
Wow, what a joke of a stream. Capcom can't even throw out another Mega Man 11 NES game for the 30th anniversary? (Not that I'd want it) - but seriously, all hope is lost now after wasting that hour of my life.ReplyDelete
I'd more than gladly take 8-bit Mega Man 11. I could play those games forever. The fact that we didn't even get that is depressing.Delete
That was awful. That was the most awful excuse of an anniversary I've ever seen.ReplyDelete
My expectations were rock bottom, and I was still disappointed.
Technically that wasn't the anniversary. That's not until December 17, so we all got worked up over nothing.Delete
The Japanese fans realized it was just for merch, while we were expecting something that wasn't gonna happen.
We got worked up over a Mega Man 30th Anniversary Panel that delivered nothing. It's a subtle but important distinction.
come on capcom... if your gonna let this franchise die, at least have the balls to say so. that way we can put our hopes to better use.ReplyDelete
That was worse than nothing...ReplyDelete
I see a bunch of drunk people talking on that stage while playing the old boring classic Megaman games. Nothing new. #TypicalCapcomReplyDelete
"...old boring classic Megaman games"Delete
^This guy obviously hasn't seriously played (or finished) any of the Classic Mega Man games.
I don’t have any products we’ve announced publicly that I can point to and say “see, I told you” but there are “top men” (“top men”? “Yes, top men”) within Capcom thinking about the future of the brand and where it’s going. We will have official announcements in due course.ReplyDelete
~Christian “Sven” Svensson, December 8th, 2011
Turns out the 2 Legacy Collections were what those top men thought of.Delete
Not sure if you're joking or not, but I'm pretty sure Jaxel all but said the collections really were what the talks entailed a few months back. Something about introducing the series to new fans through these collections. lolDelete
So far. We don't know what else they have planned, besides lots and lots of merch.Delete
30th anniversary page has a games section.
That about sums up this event and this anniversary.
Yeah, they could've just said up front that THIS IS FOR MERCHANDISING AND ALREADY RELEASED GAMES and saved us the trouble.Delete
Oh well. A couple of small things is better than nothing. Some cute stuff.ReplyDelete
I was ready to leave tgs about an hour before the panel, but stayed much to my regret. The panel was a waste of time.ReplyDelete
It may be petty but as a MM fan it makes me really happy that Capcom's financial situation has become crappier what with Street Fighter V, DmC, Lost Planet 3, Remember Me, Breath of Fire VI (and well their entire mobile division these days) and Dead Rising 4 bombing hard. The more Capcom suffers the better I feel. Now Marvel vs Capcom Infinite will likely suffer the same fate as well, couple that with RE7's "disappointing" sales drop from month 2 and beyond and I laugh.ReplyDelete
Screw with your fans in an effort to attract people who would never play your games, and karma ends up biting you in the ass.
Keep porting those same old games over and over again in an effort to stay afloat you stupid bastards.
Just like all those properties you mentioned, would you really want a new MM game now? It would most likely suffer the same fate in effort & sales as those & if that's the case I'd rather just have ports of great fun games.Delete
Street Fighter V and RE7 were actually really good, I think the negative fan perception to Modern Capcom is what turned a lot of fans away from them. Well that and really odd omissions in regards to SFV.Delete
And the Ace Attorney series is still aces, so there do exist some people in Capcom who can still make good games.
Too bad they're all being forced to whore out Monster Hunter these days though.
I will stand by SFV actually. Being into fighters it's good at it's core. RE7 was fun, but would never put it in anything higher that pretty fun for an RE game.Delete
That was pretty sad. I was hoping, with all the X series love lately that we may of heard something on that front. I guess not.ReplyDelete
Any and all hope now goes into story mode campaign updates for MvCI, since it landed on a cliffhanger.
That was the Mighty No.9 of anniversary events.ReplyDelete
The Mighty No.9 puns are incredibly, painfully tired. That event was hundreds of leagues worse than MN9 could dream of being. The reason why Capcom probably wont make another Mega Man game is because they don't want to be scrutinized, criticized, and ridiculed to death. I don't blame 'em. Why would they waste their time and money?Delete
Because no risk, no reward?Delete
Besides, MN9 was a glorious trainwreck. A Capcom panel full of nothing is disappointing, but not as bad.
What a shock.ReplyDelete
But seriously, I'm so used to being disappointed that I don't really care anymore.
I lose faith in Capcom for Rockman/Megaman. Capcom sucks and they are meanie people. So closed mind!ReplyDelete
and capcom hyped up this event too. i might ignored it like what i did with every TGS but capcom stated they will do something for megaman. even 25th anniversary they announced xover and when you make me say positive thing for xover, you know you screwed up, badly.ReplyDelete
Forget the panel, they should have held a funeral instead.ReplyDelete
Year's not over yet. Official anniversary date is the 30th of December, more than three months away. Let's ease up and wait to see what they've got in store.ReplyDelete
Most likely items to expect are kickoffs for the cartoon show (might be fun) and info about the Mega Man movie. I don't know about any mobile games, but I guess that's something that's floating around too.
anyone who thinks a live action movie isa good idea needs there head examined. things like this just dont translate.Delete
now, if it were a cg movie it could be a 50/50 shot...
either way, i will pass. and thr new cartoon i will skip entirely.
" Let's ease up and wait to see what they've got in store."Delete
Stop this. You are only hurting yourself. Keep your expectations to zero when it comes to Capcom because absolutely zero is what you will get.
LOL see you in January when nothing gets announced. You're fooling yourself if you believe Crapcom is going to do something with MM when they're bleeding money these days.Delete
OK, I'll bite. Let's try to be positive and look at your summary of what is (or could be) coming up.Delete
Strike 1: "cartoon show (might be fun)"
Strike 2: "info about the Mega Man movie"
Strike 3: "mobile games"
So what you are saying is that there's nothing to look forward to?
No, I'm just saying it's better than nothing.Delete
"Remember: no expectations, no disappointments."ReplyDelete
The update said no new announcements. Now I am really, really, really disaaappointed!