Tuesday, July 18, 2017
GMOTM Interviews the Man Who Played the Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype
Two events took place on this day six years ago: Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled and Get Me Off the Moon was formed in response. To mark both occasions, GMOTM published a brand-new interview with Chris Hoffman, former editor of Nintendo Power and the only English-speaking journalist to have played the Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype.
The interview details story and gameplay information not previously known, among other topics. One of the more interesting tidbits concerns the relationship between Barrett and Roll. According to Chris, Barrett not only knew Roll somehow but Roll even said he "seems like family." We may never know the exact connection between Barrett and Barrell Caskett, but it sounds like they may have been one and the same.
Anyway, it's a great interview. It may make you want MML3 even more, but it's great. Read it at GMOTM!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I feel that if MML3 ever gets made, they should build the game from stratch. Late-3DS games are getting better and better. The original 2011's built would be outdatedReplyDelete
Well it's nice someone on this side of the planet got to try out the game. I can understand him not remembering quite a few details since it was only a prototype and it was six years ago. At least we have a little more to go on about the game, but for the most part he feels the same as the rest of us do and that's the fact Capcom always dodges any accountability questions about Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation and the Mega Man franchise in general.ReplyDelete
Ah bad times indeed for the franchise i grew up loving but man reading this was a good trip.ReplyDelete
Hopefully the game gets made on the next iteration of "3ds" or hell for the switch
There's no hope for that. It's time to let go and move on. MegaMan Legends 3 is never coming.Delete
Ah yes, the MML3 cancellation, the day capcom became crapcom.ReplyDelete
"Do you think Inafune's Red Ash: The indelible Legend will be the spiritual successor to the Legends series we are all hoping for?ReplyDelete
CH: After what happened with Mighty No. 9, I wouldn't bet on it."
Haha! Ouch, that's rough.
I think that "youth drink" in The Misadventures of Tron Bonne was real, but it only works on organic parts, having no effect on the Servbots. That's the intoxicating tale of how Barrell became Barrett.ReplyDelete
Or Data explained to Barrell how Mega Man was reset into an infant, with Barrell and Bluecher doing the same to themselves. FOR SCIENCE!
Old reports said that the main game was about finding a treasure called the "Cauldron of Life".Delete
If the Mother Load/Great Legacy was means to revive the human race; those cauldron is/was how Carbons race was created.
I shouldnt have read it, it still hurts so much.ReplyDelete
The name always makes me think of Strax from Doctor Who and his irrational hatred of the moon. If there's a connection to Mega Man Legends/Rockman DASH that involves an actual moon and Rock Volnutt getting off it, I have honestly forgotten what it is. (I even tried looking just now.)ReplyDelete
I never cared for Legends, due to, you know, never having been able to play a single game in the series.ReplyDelete
But canning the project before even getting the prototype demo out on the 3DS e-shop was quite possibly the biggest missed opportunity ever known in gaming. Considering the other e-shop offerings in the same time period, the prototype would have sold like hotcakes (as a freaking LAUNCH TITLE to boot) - and considering how the project ended, it's no wonder why many people think the project was quickly sabotaged out of nowhere and the decision to cancel was personally motivated, rather than anything to do with financials.
Seeing what other Japanese companies have done since then, it'd be no surprise. Have you seen what Konami has done to Kojima?
And to add insult to injury, Capcom took what they had from the Legends 3 project and made it into a spin-off title for the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet series was a bigger failure than MML ever could of been before, and they lost even more money trying to revive it when no one asked them to.Delete
Few years later, and people here are still bitter about the cancellation of this game. Seriously, it's time to move on. Play other games other than MegaMan. And no, I am not trolling or anything.ReplyDelete
So what, you completely stop caring for your favorite gaming series as seen as they stop making new titles? So that to fans of Metal Gear, Castlevania and the like.Delete
Because I am not a rabid MegaMan fanboy like you and the others here and my life doesn't revolve around complaining about Capcom being a tyrant company who is killing their IPs. I still liked MegaMan, but it's time to let go and move on.Delete
Besides, I have other game series like Sonic, Mario and more to keep me occupied during this MegaMan drought. And again, I'm not trolling or anything.
So, anyone mad about Legends 3 being cancelled obviously doesn't like other games at all. Got it.Delete
For someone who's "not a troll" you seem rather hostile for no reason.
Different anon here. At this point, there's no chance in hell of ever seeing Legends 3 rise up from the ashes of cancellation and I see the constant MML3 posts from the GMOTM site as beating a dead horse (which is pretty much dust at this point), but it's still bullshit that there was never any concrete reasons as to why it was cancelled.Delete
I don't even care if the full game is ever made or whatever. Just releasing that prototype would be OK. Just give the fans something so they could see exactly what their contributions were made for MML3.
Yeah, I'm still baffled they decided not to release the Prototype at all since it was either done or close to done. I could understand there being reasons for cancelling the full game to some extent but cancelling the prototype was unnecessary.Delete