On Tuesday, May 20th, Nintendo will be shutting down part of the online infrastructure for the Nintendo Wii and DS/DSi consoles for all regions. A list of games and services affected by the shutdown can be found on the Nintendo website, but I wanted to lay out all the Mega Man and Mega Man-related games right here.
- Mega Man Star Force (Pegasus, Leo, Dragon), Mega Man Star Force 2 (Zerker x Ninja, Zerker x Saurian), Mega Man Star Force 3 (Black Ace, Red Joker): Online multiplayer and other online functions will no longer be available. You will no longer be able to register friends for the Brother Band System, a core online component in all three games, nor take advantage of on-line-specific Brother Band features (Link Power in SF2, Multi-Noise Transformations in SF3 and so forth).
- Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10: Because the Shop Channel is not affected, you will still be able to purchase DLC for both MM9 and MM10. You will no longer, however, have the ability to register your best times on the leaderboards.
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars: Support for Vs. Mode competition over the internet will no longer be available.
- Unofficial Smash Bros. Brawl mods: A number of unofficial Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods feature a handful of Mega Man characters and themes. Despite not being official Nintendo products, corresponding online play will be affected.
- Wario Ware D.I.Y: There are some really fantastic Mega Man mini games for this game. Unfortunately, after May 20th, you won't be able to download them! Grab 'em while you can!
So that's pretty much it Mega Man wise. Again, the full list of titles are available on the official Nintendo website. Check it out and play those favorites of yours while you can. These last few days are going to fly by!