Roughly 755 PlayStation 2 prototypes have been released by Hidden Place and Textfiles under "Project Deluge". No longer subject to a disc rot fate, these freshly-preserved prototypes include five Mega Man titles.
- Mega Man Anniversary Collection (May 6, 2004 prototype)
- Mega Man X Collection (Nov 8, 2005 prototype)
- Mega Man X8 (Aug 12, 2004 prototype)
- Mega Man X8 (Oct 20, 2004 prototype)
- Mega Man X: Command Mission (Jul 23, 2004 prototype)
While each of these games feature their own helping of differences from their final retail counterparts, the August 12th build of Mega Man X8 is certainly the most significant. It predates the final build by two months, featuring numerous unused graphics, unfinished cutscenes (storyboards are used instead) placeholder assets, debug features and more.
You can download and play these prototypes from Hidden Palace's Project Deluge page. Note that, if the page or DL links become unavailable, check back again in a couple hours.