If you haven't checked out Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, there's no time like the present. Version 5B just launched, and with it a handful of additions and tweaks. The mod's creator, CutmanMike, lays it all out:
* Revamped Story + Singleplayer Campaign! Fraglimits are lower, story is more fleshed out and more terrifying bosses await!
* Easy Mode! For players new to FPS or have difficulty with the game. It makes bots and bosses weaker!
* New revamped training map! Visit auto to check out it's new features!
* More weapon and item reworks, including Junk Shield, Remote Mine, Wire and more!
* Lots of updated older maps, including Wave Man, Gyro Man, Magic Man and more!
* New maps! Wily's fortresses continue to appear! Mega Man 4, 5 and 6 now all have Wily Stages! (not included in campaign)
* Don't forget CTF! Now we have 25 CTF maps!
* Many, many, MANY map/weapon/skin tweaks and adjustments! Too much to list!
The game engine has also been upgraded to Zandronum 3.0 beta. This enables modders to use more tools than ever before to whip up their own 8-Bit Deathmatch.
Here's the link to download V5B. Be sure to check out the change log for a more detailed description of each feature.
Ah, I've been so behind on this. Once I stopped hosting games a few years ago, I haven't been keeping up. I'm so glad it's still being updated. It's time to go back to single player again and host some more games...!ReplyDelete
Already know about it in the past. Not interested. Don't like this ODD 3D fan game. I will pass!ReplyDelete
Glad to see they are still working on it. Great stuff.ReplyDelete
they added a lot of weird stuff who is not from megaman and who is usually played the most, so i stopped to play it.ReplyDelete
So... you're saying you're not a fan of Roboenza Mode or the Chaos Slots mod? Heh heh.Delete
But, yeah... you can only play so many online Deathmatches or CTF matches before it gets a little stale. This can really apply to any game, though. I'm not sure why Boss Mode and Classes got as popular as they did, though. Personally, I'd love more co-op action, myself!
I had no idea they were still updating this mod. Good to know it's still alive.ReplyDelete
I haven't been keeping up with this project all that much either, but one of the last things I saw that I really liked, was the fact that Trio was added as one of the bosses.ReplyDelete
Glad to see the best Mega Man fangame to exist is still getting love.ReplyDelete
My favorite fan game. Multiplayer games have nice longevity.ReplyDelete