The Super Smash Bros. focused Direct has come and gone, and we got plenty of updates on both Wii U and 3DS versions. As anticipated, there were a few new Mega Man related details including the full scoop on the his move set and Final Smash (pictured above), the Yellow Devil stage hazard, and more.
Hit the jump below for all the details!
The direct itself:
And the lowdown (with timestamps):
- (6:10) THE YELLOW DEVIL: Mega Man's stage is the "Wily Castle." The castle in the background is from Mega Man 2... and in the distance, you'll spot something flying out! It's the Yellow Devil! As its body assembles, it obstructs the fighters. The Yellow Devil attacks the fighters but they can also counterattack. It's only vulnerable spot is its eye... and if you manage to defeat him, there's a big explosion. The explosion becomes an attack for the player who delivered the final blow to the Yellow Devil! In multiplayer, it becomes a competition to see which player takes down the Yellow Devil first.
- (15:37) ELEC MAN ASSIST TROPHY: Elec Man joins the brawl as Mega Man's assist trophy. He hops around the stage unleashing a few jolts of Thunder Beam!
- (28:35) MEGA MAN's MOVE SET:
- Strong down attack: Sliding (Mega Man 3)
- Dash attack: Top Spin (Mega Man 3)
- Strong up attack: Mega Upper (Marvel Vs. Capcom)
- Side smash attack: Charge Shot (Mega Man 4)
- Up smash attack: Spark Shot (Mega Man 3)
- Down smash attack: Flame Blast (Mega Man 6)
- Front air attack: Flame Sword (Mega Man 8)
- back air attack: Slash Claw (Mega Man 7)
- Up air attack: Air Shooter (Mega Man 2)
- Down air attack: Hard Knuckle (Mega Man 3)
- Grab: Super Arm (Mega Man 1)
- Neutral special attack: Metal Blade (Mega Man 2)
- Side special attack: Crash Bomber (Mega Man 2)
- Down special attack: Leaf Shield (Mega Man 2)
- Up special attack: Rush Coil (Mega Man 3)
- (29:19) MEGA MAN's FINAL SMASH: Mega Man is joined by the likes of Mega Man X, Mega Man.EXE, Mega Man Volnutt and Star Force Mega Man for one big final blast!
- (33:56) Mettaurs show up as a common enemy in the 3DS exclusive mode "Smash Run."
Well, that's all there is to say for now. Some very cool reveals but certainly not the last. With the 3DS version due this summer and Wii U this winter, there's plenty of time for more surprises.
Please be sure to watch the Direct for all of today's announcements!