Capcom has announced that service for Rockman X DiVE will end on September 27 2023 at 13:00 JST. The shutdown is anticipated to affect all game versions, including Steam. There is currently no word on the semi-independently operated Global version by NebulaJoy. UPDATE: Global version will remain online "indefinitely"
Via the game's official website, here's a rundown of a series of events to enjoy before shutdown:
- Daily logins will earn you Elemental Metal Supply Box and Dark Code Coin.
- Favorite Capsule introduced. One free draw per day and you are guaranteed to get an S-rank character.
- Armaments Factory event will be held regularly. Redeemable weapons will no longer rotate and popular items such as limited weapons will be added. "Armaments Factory" Mission will be renewed every two weeks.
- Dark Code Store event will be held regularly.
- The Dark Code Coins that come with the Dark Code capsule will be increased significantly.
The development team also confirmed that, starting today, the ability to directly purchase products such as Elemental Metals will be removed. A reimbursement period for unused Elemental Metals will be announced at a later date.
Despite the lack of new content, Rockman X DiVE has maintained an active playerbase, with over 8 million downloads since its 2020 launch. The signs of the game's impending end have been evident for a while, and now that it's confirmed, some fans will undoubtedly feel disappointed. Nevertheless, make the most of these remaining months while you can.