If you haven't checked out Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, there's no time like the present. Version 5B just launched, and with it a handful of additions and tweaks. The mod's creator, CutmanMike, lays it all out:
* Revamped Story + Singleplayer Campaign! Fraglimits are lower, story is more fleshed out and more terrifying bosses await!
* Easy Mode! For players new to FPS or have difficulty with the game. It makes bots and bosses weaker!
* New revamped training map! Visit auto to check out it's new features!
* More weapon and item reworks, including Junk Shield, Remote Mine, Wire and more!
* Lots of updated older maps, including Wave Man, Gyro Man, Magic Man and more!
* New maps! Wily's fortresses continue to appear! Mega Man 4, 5 and 6 now all have Wily Stages! (not included in campaign)
* Don't forget CTF! Now we have 25 CTF maps!
* Many, many, MANY map/weapon/skin tweaks and adjustments! Too much to list!
The game engine has also been upgraded to Zandronum 3.0 beta. This enables modders to use more tools than ever before to whip up their own 8-Bit Deathmatch.
Here's the link to download V5B. Be sure to check out the change log for a more detailed description of each feature.