This week's issue of Famitsu has quite a bit X Challenge mode coverage. The magazine did not go into detail about the recently revealed story mode but there's still a lot of stuff to take in. Here's the lowdown:
- X wears a brand new white and blue armor exclusive to X Challenge. Though it's based on the Ultimate Armor, it's purportedly different enough to be considered new. No specifics available at this time.
- You can choose up to 3 Special Weapons from 9 available to take into battle. You cannot change your set until you've cleared an area. Special Weapons are from X1-X6.
- There are a total of 27 stages.
- Difficulty levels determine the strengths of Mavericks, if your health replenishes into the next stage, and whether or not your remaining time carries over.
- X Challenge Volume 1 (X Legacy Collection 1) and X Challenge Volume 2 (X Legacy Collection 2) have different stages. Examples:
- Stage 1-3 (Vol.1): Slash Beast & Crescent Grizzly
- Stage 1-3 (Vol.2): Web Spider & Wire Sponge
- Online rankings (leaderboard) confirmed
That's about it for now. Thanks to BlackKite for the info!
The X Challenge sounds sweeter every day.ReplyDelete
This pretty much confirms are suspicions that we won't fight Mavericks from X7 and X8 due to being modelled in 3D.ReplyDelete
Needless to say, I need that X artwork in HD.ReplyDelete
Sounds like Zero won't be an option sadly :(ReplyDelete
You can use Zero; there's already a video of him fighting both Iris and Colonel.Delete
That's not official, it's fan made. So not necessarily a confirmation.Delete
That was likely just a X4 hack and not part of the collection. We haven't seen any footage outside of the Chill Penguin and Frost Walrus fight.Delete
That wasn't a hack, just a really well made flash animation. If it was a legit hack, we would be seeing videos from other users already.Delete
The comment written on the bottom of last page said the museum mode will contains all theme songs, so does it include the OP & ED on PS/SS X3?ReplyDelete
Despite my whining about sprite style mixing, this really is sounding better-and-better, with each update. Also, I told you guys that it was a… "new…" armor! I wonder what new abilities it'll have? (We've already seen it float, so…)ReplyDelete
Can someone confirm which one of these issues is the correct magazine with this specific X challenge coverage?ReplyDelete
Thanks for confirming. I was a little confused as to way this weeks edition (Thursday 24th) is listed as June 6th. Why is that though? Shouldn't it be the one with today's date?Delete
Dunno about that but P3/P5 is the cover storyDelete
Also, just found that CDJapan has better prices for both product and shipping...ReplyDelete
I m so getting PS4 version for 2 discs!!!! A Japanes version. And maybe UK version.ReplyDelete
Can you even spell Japanese right? And "I'm" has an apostrophe. Jesus.Delete
Huh so it has new story content to. I might buy it then.ReplyDelete
looks like zero in the bottom 2 screens of the first page...what is going on there?ReplyDelete
No thats just a username.Delete