First up is a bit of early gameplay footage of the original Rockman X:
Couple aesthetic things really standout in this beta build, particularity the presence of a "P" lifebar. No idea what the "P" stands for, but it's interesting nonetheless. Other oddities include a strange swirling explosion effect when enemies are destroyed, a lack of BGM (possibly not even produced at this point), slightly alternate title screen text (0:29) and maybe a few more minor things I'm over looking.
Here's a build of Rockman 3 that, to my knowledge, hasn't been documented on any fansites or databases. The version below is near final but does possess a few noteworthy differences from the final retail version:
- No Proto Man encounter in Magnet Man's stage.
- No cloud enemies or cloud platforms in Snake Man's stage.
- There's a severe lack of enemies in general.
- Title screen merely says "START"; no option for password input (see final title screen here)
- "TM" logo positioned different.
- Might be the quality of the footage, but Rockman's title screen pose is pretty dull color-wise.