Courtesy of GoNintendo, a brief summary of some of the more interesting tidbits that came up during the 22nd anniversary live webcast:
- Inafune says moving into 3d once again would be tough, because 2d and 3d Mega Man fans would have different expectations, and there are some elements of Mega Man in the 2d realm that just wouldn't translate to 3d.
- Inafune would love to make a new entry in the X series, but he says he happens to be very busy. Before X9 were to happen, Inafune would like to do something completely different with Mega Man.
- Inafune says 8-bit is where Mega Man was born, and he hasn't done everything he wants to with 8-bit Mega Man. As far as a Mega Man series entry that is 16-bit in style, he'll have to see where the series leads him.
- Inafune likes the idea of a Mega Man game with hand-drawn graphics (Muramasa), but he doesn't want to just imitate that idea.
- Inafune says Mega Man Powered Up 2 has a strong possibility of happening.
UPDATE: Download an Audio Podcast of the Live Webcast here. Props to the Rockman Perfect Memories crew!