- For the most part, the storyline is the same as the original game. The website details some of the earlier scenarios such as Fire Man's invasion and Number Man taking over the school computer.
- OSS retains the old "Level" based power-up system.
- The Custom window has received an overhaul, borrowing elements that were adapted in EXE2 and onwards such as two row chip selection and the addition of * coded chips.
- "Escape" has been assigned to the L button. In the original game, "escape" was a Battle chip.
- Battle chips can be traded wirelessly with friends. Local wireless only, no WiFi.
- When in the "real-world", the touch screen is used to operate the PET menu.
On a semi-related note, the OSS website also announced that Mazakasu Eguchi, aka "Mr. Famous", will make a special guest appearance at the Tokyo Game Show next weekend. Special prizes will be available during the event such as an exclusive sticker set.
Expect more info in the coming week.