For the heck of it, here's Capcom's official product description:
Thanks, Kyouya Garyuu
"Geo Stelar and the rest of the gang are back in an all new adventure. How can Geo Stelar and his friends fight with the threat of “Meteor G” closing in on Earth? Moreover, what power can Mega Man harness by using the “Noise Change” system which controls the power of “Noise”?
Mega Man Star Force® 3 blends a unique formula of RPG exploration elements with fast-paced action. As players travel and battle between coexisting worlds, the physical world and the virtual Wave World, they will encounter enemies in the virtual Wave World, battling them on three-by-five battle grids with their Battle Card deck. Mega Man Star Force® 3 also adds a new feature called “Rezon,” which allow players to fill in profiles about battles and their team name/symbol.
- Two co-existing worlds – explore the real world in human form and transform into Mega Man to maneuver through the virtual “Wave World”
- The main theme is ‘Noise’. The Noise Ratio increases in different situations. As it increases different effects occur
- Cyber battles feature an immersive third-person view as players engage enemies in a 3x5 battle grid
- Cards now stack and are scattered randomly. Only the top card can be used when stacked. Mega-class and Giga-class cards have greater surface areas and are more likely to stack
- Each version has different “Noise Change” probabilities and unique final transformations with more than 100 Mega Man forms (transformations) possible by utilizing
- Each character has their own customizable Personal Page in the game where Battle Cards and information can be viewed and traded with friends to compare progress
- Two types of ultimate transformation – “Black Ace” and “Red Joker”